Superb Sunday!!!


Past few weeks had been a bit on the negative side. Beset with situations like never before. Got totally consumed in facing them. Tackling some, accepting others.  Such that all the days of the week became just days. No respite. An endless loop I got stuck in.

Its said that everyday is not a Sunday. Indeed. Today was different. A Sunday out of the blues. A Sunday unexpected. A day calm, relaxing and spent it my way. A Sunday hard earned.

After a long time got a chance to prepare breakfast. That was awesome. Cooking is fun. Rejuvenating. Especially when you do it after a long gap. It made me realize that skills do get lost in time with lack of touch. A pleasant morning it was.

Luckily did not schedule any lectures today. That gave me time to work on other means of leveraging my knowledge for money. Worked successfully. Things go smooth with a relaxed mind. And so when it was time for lunch, I suggested my parents to have it at a nearby restaurant. And so we went. Had a lovely lunch. That was some quality time together. Its almost impossible to have a meal together with parents these days. Could not be more blessed.
Then came the time to go to Kolkata lit fest. An event I was keeping an check on for the last few weeks. Fortunately when I checked for today's events, I was pleased beyond measures to know Javed Akhtar ji will be reciting some of his poems. The venue was the very famous Victoria memorial. I was not expecting much rush as I had visited lit fest last yr too. But what fact I ignored was that this was Javed Akhtar and Shabana Azmi today. I reached the venue well before time and to my surprise it was fully crowded. No place to even stand. Somehow got a place in a corner. His poems namely waqt, aansu etc Masha allah. Left me spell bound. He can think so deep yet far and wide, still express it so plainly and collectively. Perhaps now i know what is Javed Akhtar. Two strong messages from his speech were 1) be prepared to get bored while learning something. 2) its easy to express or write in a difficult language but very difficult to express in an easy language. Wow.

Then came Sushmit Sen, the founder of the famous Indian band named Indian Ocean. For his music release. He was a masterpiece in himself. Left his job for music. For guitar. For his band. He played some lovely music. Creativity at its best. The message from his speech was to learn to say a NO if you so wish to. Dont get influenced. Say it Loud and clear.


It was an extra ordinary experience and pleasure attending the lit fest sessions. Returned home happily. So before I retire for the day and the same cycle starts again from tomorrow morning, why not end it with yet another activity that I get minimal chances to do. To write down something. What other than about this very beautiful Sunday.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Incredible India, Impeccable Indians!!!!!!!

Amidst the rot!!!

The candy seller!!!