The last walk!


 
Insomniac, I amble on the terrace
indignant over your disappearance.
To be with you, I yearn to gods
to grant me another chance.

Helpless, I close my eyes
to arrest my tears inside.
But your memories start overflowing
causing an emotional high tide.

Smiling, I halt at my favourite memory.
That last night we walked hand in hand.
Thinking how we would live happily ever after
and erase all troubles with a magic wand.

Dilapidated, I stare at the moon.
The only witness of our times.
And I ask the moon yet again,
was that our last laugh?
was that our last walk?

Comments

  1. Too bad that i am reading this poem of yours so late.
    Good one. short and sweet and touching.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Incredible India, Impeccable Indians!!!!!!!

Amidst the rot!!!

The candy seller!!!