The ray of HOPE. The everything.



                                       Just finished watching THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. The movie accentuates HOPE and what wonders it can do. The Hell on Earth was described as a pit used for incarceration with only one exit. You escape or you die. In centuries, only one child could escape from the prison(pit).  It was actually very enriching to watch how Batman was thrown into this pit and how he fought his way out of it, doing the impossible. All because of HOPE.

                                      There was a time when I would find it preposterous about how anyone would sit and hope something  could happen exactly as they wish for. I had had a mindset that instead of hoping, one should be spending time in trying to find out ways to achieve their goals. Hope repelled me strongly.

I remember once I was talking to a very close friend of mine. Somehow we ended up talking about hope. Although I didnt wanted to hear because I knew I wont understand anything about it.  Still I could not ignore. She shared what her father believed about hope. "If you wish for something and you keep hoping incessantly, it turns true." As expected it went over my head but I remembered the moment and words for I knew one day I will be able to understand the true meaning of it if not then.

As time passed, I would try to ponder over the conversation again and again. I read The Alchemist which also spoke of exactly the same wisdom about hope, but I couldnt understand it still. Although I guess the seeds of hope to understand about the intended meaning of hope had sprouted.

Last year when I watched the above mentioned muvie after its release, the Hell on Earth part in it arrested my attention the most. I could think and feel about hope like never before. I felt as if I was oblivious to a very obvious human nature. I mean isnt it that we know nothing about the future, whether we will live or die. Still ever since a kid joins school, his/her parents dreams about how the kid would make them proud one day by being an engineer or lawyer etc. We put alarm to get up the next morning. We make to do list for next day, week, month etc. We wont know if we would pass or fail in the exam, still we would plan and prepare for it hoping we would pass. We would invest in long term plans, would dream of having a luxurious car and a home in the coming years. We would plan for holiday trips months prior. All in all we knowingly or unknowingly we do put hope in everything.

Now when I watched the muvie again, I felt why not share about hope. Why not tell that hope strengthens us to start afresh, after we feel indignant. It can be the power house which rejuvenates every broken cell and nerve, to make us rise and fight again. It makes a person a fighter. Hope can be the solidarity to keep calm at times of trepidation. Sometimes a ray of hope can be the only thing, the everything.   





Comments

  1. It was a good one. It was good that you ended up acknowledging hope. nahi to fir behes karni padti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahut badhiya bhai...the best thing was...I was enjoying when reading...

      lekin meri aatma to abhi bhi behes karne k liye chatpata rahi hai... :-)

      Delete
  3. Accha likhte ho! HOPE you sustain this hobby.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Incredible India, Impeccable Indians!!!!!!!

Amidst the rot!!!

The candy seller!!!